Sign in or
What is Messaging?Onsite messaging service: WikiFoundry wikis further foster communication and collaboration among members and site administrators through a messaging system that enables the composition, delivery, and management of person-to-person and person-to-group onsite text-based messages.
Through their personal site messages inbox, registered users can:
- Read and move messages to the trash
- Compose and send messages to up to 15 other members of the site at a time
- Block individual members from whom they do not wish to receive messages
How do I send a private message to another site user or the site's staff?Registered users can send a private message to up to 15 other users and/or the site's staff in several ways:
- Go to your messages area (on your Profile), click the "Compose" button, and type the recipient's username in the To: field.
- Go to any user's profile page and click the "Send Message" button. You can always add more recipients in the To: field by typing in those usernames.
- Click on a username anywhere you see it on the site. When the tooltip comes up, click the "Send Message" link. You can always add more recipients in the To: field by typing in those usernames.
How do I send a message to everyone on my friends list?Go to your messages area and click the "compose" button at the top. In the "to" field, type "My Friends." Remember not to flood your friends' in-boxes. If a friend becomes annoyed, they may remove you from their friends list, which will un-subscribe them from your "My Friends" messages.
How can I send a message to all the users on my site? (Moderators and above)Go to your messages area, and click the "Compose" button. In the To: field, type "All Registered Users" or just "All" and wait for the suggested matches dialog to show you the "All Registered Users" option.
Click on "To..." then click "All Registered Users" and finally hit the "Add>>" button. You are now ready to send your message. The message will go out to the latest 1,000 active members on your site.
Note: You can view an address book list of the users on the site by clicking on the "To:" button.
Latest page update: made by Naru2008
, Dec 24 2013, 1:39 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Naru2008
27 words added
9 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page